Friday, March 8, 2013

Rivers, streams and signs of visitors....

"Wolf Prints in a Streambed"
Jenny Niemeyer © 2009
3 1/4x10 1/2"
 acrylic/collage on wood
$65.00

"Following the River"
Jenny Niemeyer © 2009
2 1/2x13"
acrylic/collage on wood
$65.00
If you look closely, riverbeds and streambeds often show the tracks of the animals that have explored them or followed their course. I've done quite a few of these on wood (collected from my studio project last year.) Enjoy, and look closely the next time you are next to a stream! The colors are much better in real life (everyone says this, no?) They contain a few pieces of broken mirror and I've used some metallic/pearl paint to mimick the shimmer of water. They hang vertically by eyehooks and a small chain. I've also done some that are quite large with lots of broken mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for getting in touch. I will answer soon!